Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Update on my WIP....

I've been diligently working on my flag afghan. I have decided that it will be a gift for my brother-in-law when he graduates AIT in March. I think he will like it. I'm still not quite sure what I'm going to do about the stars though. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to combine a couple different patterns to get the look that I want. Here are some pics.

Here's what the afghan looked like this morning:


Here's one of the stars that I've done in some spare yarn just to see how it would turn out.


Here's another star that I did using the same pattern but a different starting technique.


And while I was bored and taking a bit of a break from the afghan I did a search and found a couple snowflake patterns. Not exactly sure if it would look better in cotton thread than it does in the yarn, but I was entertained for a while trying to do them :-)

Here's the first one I did:


And here's the second one


Not bad for a first try I think. Well, I'm going to go to bed now so I can get up and do some more work on my afghan before the hubby comes home.

No comments: