Thursday, February 14, 2008

Okay so it's been a while....

I know it's been a while since I last posted, but I've been sick and am just now feeling up to sitting in front of the computer for any amount of time. I won't give you details but lets just suffice it to say that it's been bad. My husband was home this past weekend...Yes I know...bad time to be sick, but I didn't plan on things going that way. We did manage to get our taxes filed before I fell ill. Which is no small task considering all the receipts I had to add up due to my darling husband's chosen profession. Other than that, I've basically been laying on the couch taking up space....however I haven't been totally idle. I taught myself to crochet a (very) basic granny square. Here are a couple pics of that effort:


My first effort...not bad for a beginning I think...



And then I tried again with a different yarn....still not bad for a beginning effort.

After that I decided to break out my knitting needles and start something new. I've decided that I'm going to make a patchwork afghan. I may be biting off more than I can chew, but I'm determined to do this and actually get it done. Here's the start of it:



It will (to the best of my calculations) require about 72 of these pretty little squares, of which I now have 12. Yes I know, I've got a long way to go, but I figure I'll get it done by the time my little sister (who's 7) graduates high school :-). Well anyway, that's all I've got for now. Catch ya'll later.

No comments: