Friday, February 1, 2008

ONE OF THE TWO THINGS I WAS TAUGHT NOT TO DISCUSS.....

I was taught never to discuss religion or politics unless I wanted to start an argument quicker than I could blink my eyes....but today I was watching the news and just couldn't deal with the insanity any longer. I'm relatively neutral most times, but I just have to pitch a bit of a fit for a minute. After that I'll have it all out of my system (I hope).

Here's a clip about the first thing that got my panties in a bunch:

Police said a female suicide bomber killed 45 people and wounded 82 at the Ghazil pet market in central Baghdad. Another blast minutes earlier killed 27 people and wounded 67 at a bird market in southern Baghdad, police said. The U.S. military, which gave a lower death toll, said both attacks were caused by female suicide bombers and blamed al Qaeda. An Iraqi military official said the two women were mentally handicapped and the bombs detonated by remote control. Lieutenant-Colonel Steve Stover, a spokesman for U.S. troops in Baghdad,later told Reuters the U.S. military had seen no evidence to suggest the women were handicapped. Major-General Qassim Moussawi, spokesman for the Iraqi military in Baghdad, said the suicide bombs were detonated remotely by mobile telephones."We found the mobiles used to detonate the women," he said, adding the women were mentally handicapped. He did not elaborate on how the Iraqi military knew about their mental condition.

Now, what got me going about this, you ask?? First of all, the fact that these women, while it hasn't been proven, could have been mentally retarded...I'm not saying they were, but I'm also not saying there weren't. Just the thought of someone using a person that is mentally retarded as a bomb just totally burns my butt. If those women were mentally handicapped then they had no concept of the thing they were about to do. I think it's fucked up and wrong..pardon my language. Enough of that...on to the next thing that got me fired up.

Here's another clip:
"There are certainly some troubling signs, serious signs that the economy is weakening and we've got to do something about it," Bush told employees at Hallmark Cards Inc. in Kansas City, Missouri.

I think this one pretty much speaks for itself..but please bear with me for just a minute more...the first thing that crossed my mind when I read this was "Well no shit, sherlock"....I mean think about it...There are less and less jobs, more and more expenses, people are losing their houses, maxing out their credit cards just trying to make ends meet, and he has the brass balls to say "there are some troubling signs that the economy is weakening". Seriously..what the fuck?? I could have told him that. On that note I think I'm done ranting. On to a more pleasant note.

I've been knitting an extremely simple poncho lately and have almost got it finished. All that needs to be done to it now is putting the fringe on it. Hopefully I'll get that done sometime tomorrow and I'll take a couple pics and get them posted. But I do have a couple new pics of my puppy to share!!

Tell me this isn't a rotten mess.....


and this face...how could you resist such a face???


And just for shits and giggles...here's a pic of my hubby.

No comments: